• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spam Post

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
I have nothing to add to this discussion except to note that Tony K.'s selection of the House avatar is perfect!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I remember posting the message above in another thread a while back. I'm curious as to why it has been given its very own thread instead of simply being deleted. Is it to serve as an example to others what a spam post is? If so, I see, oh, about a 1000 similar posts a day that are not awarded this special treatment. I'd appreciate some insight from the relevant mod/admin; either in this thread or by PM would be fine.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I remember posting the message above in another thread a while back. I'm curious as to why it has been given its very own thread instead of simply being deleted. Is it to serve as an example to others what a spam post is? If so, I see, oh, about a 1000 similar posts a day that are not awarded this special treatment. I'd appreciate some insight from the relevant mod/admin; either in this thread or by PM would be fine.

I remember that too. You really did post it in another thread (goodness only knows which; I've completely forgotten). Its timestamp is interesting. I didn't notice this thread until just now; was it only just created, or has it been around since about the time you made the "spam" post? And why did whichever Mod or Admin who made this thread not - at the very least - explain that this was going to be a name-and-shame thread. Coming seemingly out of the blue like this is strange.

Very strange.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
Yeah.. somebody must've accidentally split this from the original thread and mislabeled it "spam." Anyway, while I do appreciate the sentiment of said post about my House avatar, there doesn't seem to be any further use for this "thread," so I'm locking it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1