• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What release are you most looking forward to this year?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delirium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:28 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Neil: I wouldn't trust Dreamworks to have a Japanese track for Sen to Chihiro, considering how much disrespect DW has for The Ring.

DreamWorks doesn´t seem to have Sen after all. At the "Forum des Images" festival last year in France a representative of Buena Vista International has confirmed that _they_ don´t have any plans to release Sen in the US. Well, I guess they will earn enough in the South East Asian corner , so the US can uneventfully miss out. Too bad, man..
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:29 am Reply with quote
Jlbkwrm wrote:

Kodomo no Omocha (which hasn't been liscenced--but what with Tokyopop running the manga, I'm choosing to delude myself into believing it'll get liscenced and partially released in the next 12 months)

I'm also chosing to believe that Kodocha might be picked up some time soon, but I'm not deluding myself into thinking it will be released soon. Kodocha will be an extremely hard title to dub/sub and take quite a while. Look at all the trouble TRSI had with Kare Kano, and how long it took. Every single reason that KKNJ was delayed exists with Kodocha, excpt double.
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:42 am Reply with quote
Armitage III: Dual Matrix is also a release im looking forward to. To back the Dub is gonna be dif. than Poly matrix.
Strahd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:51 am Reply with quote
Love Hina, Vandread and SMJtoX from what I can tell so far.
fourfour44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:53 am Reply with quote
well, for Region 1 stuff, I'm looking forward to just about everything from AnimEigo

especially KOR on DVD, though of course I'll never get rid of my LDs

also can't wait for Otaku No Video on DVD

and I hope they finish Taiho Shichauzo (You're Under Arrest) TV this year, though I can still wait if they need more time to make it right

and of course more UY releases is always worth looking forward to

for Region 2 stuff, I can't wait to start seeing X TV, one of my favorite CLAMP manga series, and I've been hearing really nice things about the animation

also, the promise of more Ghibli is always a good thing as well
Illaparatzo-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:58 am Reply with quote
:o

Last edited by Illaparatzo-sama on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Moridin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Illaparatzo-sama wrote:

Noir(I think it's licensed..)

I'm looking forward to Noir's region 1 release myself. However, ADV was interested, but backed off. Whether they do license it or not, I think it will get picked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Moridin wrote:

ADV was interested, but backed off

Well... no, ADV said they *had* the license...

... and now they've backed off, and are telling anyone remotely associated with their company *not* to talk about Noir.

They basically said, "Oops, we goofed." and retracted their announcement...

Why? For all of my poking and proding, they haven't said anything. I should call'em up again and see what's up. At one point, one ADV rep said something about a possible announcement at BAAF or NekoCon, but they came and went without a peep from ADV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of ADV, I wonder how they intend to broadcast Nadia if FOX has called it quits.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I would say, more Urusei Yatsura, Nadisco the Movie (I got a fansub and it rocks Very Happy), the rest of the Kenshin series (even though I already got the most of series. *LOL*), GateKeepers (Same as Kenshin), Inu Yasha, Urusei Yatsura, GateKeepers 21, the new Fushgi Yuggi series, Otaku No Video, Your Under Arrest TV and TV Special, Urusei Yatsura, X, the TV Series, (Mostly UY Twisted Evil ), Now and Then, Here and There (I saw and loved it.), Macross TV Series, the Evangelion movies with the ADV cast (Had the fansub of that for the longest time.), and last but not least; Urusei Yatsura (Hint, Hint AnimEigo.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:23 pm Reply with quote
More Urusei Yatsura, epsecially TV
Tenchi Muyo GPX (which I'm actually looking forward to more than the 3rd OVA series)
Star Ocean Ex (someone will pick up the rights sooner or later)
You're Under Arrest TV (though I hope AnimEigo splits it into at least two smaller boxes, for those of us whom can't afford to buy a $250 US set at once, yet don't want to have to wait a year before the first volume of the individual disk hit retail stores. Can they afford to dub it with just 2500 preorders though?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Illaparatzo-sama wrote:

Excel Saga (I'm REALLY curious to see what they'll do for Excel's voice...)

There probably gonna butcher it. I cant even talk as fast in english as fast as she can in Japenese. I can hardly read the subtitles!!!
SilkyAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty anxious to the the Fushigi Yuugi Gaiden OAVs. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:57 pm Reply with quote
1. Furikuri
2. Kimagure Orange Road
3. Love Hina
4. Vandread
5. Marmalade Boy (the first one might be out by december, ne?)
Mr Vegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking foward to the Eva movies, the Escaflowne movie, the Digimon movie, the Cowboy Bebop movie (hehehe movies, movies movies!), Ranma DVDs, the new Tenchi series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Saber Marionette J to X, and hopefully Slayers and Trigun being on tv! Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation

Last edited by Mr Vegeta on Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3